Friday, March 1, 2013

MONEY SAVING MARCH!!

We are going into March in money saving mode.  Our family has had some truly trying obstacles this year and now the Momma is ready to get serious and get our family finances back on track

With 12 year old twin boys, there are a lot of "I want this", "can we buy that", etc.  We are now using Bill My Parents - www.billmyparents.com, which is a debit card for their allowance.  We load it for $10 per week and then they are responsible for anything they "must have".  They are learning the art of saving and budgeting, the difference between a want and a need and when the money is gone, it is gone.  We have had conversations in the store about only $5 dollars doesn't mean that I have an extra $5 to spend on something frivolous that happened to catch your eye.  They are learning that if they don't have the money, they can't spend it.  I will keep you updated on how it is working.

We are using No Money Mondays, We can do it Wednesdays, which are our no spending days.  I hate having to be the voice of reason in Wawa when my husband says, "ooh, lets get candy, coffee, etc."  We leave spending at least $20 each trip. Or we have the dreaded "I'm thirsty, can we get a soda?"  I am slowly breaking them of the impulse buys.

Wish us luck as we begin a fresh month with fresh new money goals!!

No comments:

Post a Comment